centennial(redirected from centennials)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Of or relating to an age or period of 100 years.
2. Occurring once every 100 years: a centennial commemoration.
3. Of or relating to a 100th anniversary.
A 100th anniversary or a celebration of it.
1. relating to, lasting for, or completing a period of 100 years
2. occurring every 100 years
chiefly US and Canadian another name for centenary
[C18: from Latin centum hundred, on the model of biennial]
cen•ten•ni•al(sɛnˈtɛn i əl)
1. pertaining to or marking the completion of a period of 100 years.
2. pertaining to a 100th anniversary.
3. lasting 100 years.
4. 100 years old.n.
5. a 100th anniversary or its celebration.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||centennial - the 100th anniversary (or the celebration of it)|
|Adj.||1.||centennial - of or relating to or completing a period of 100 years; "centennial celebration"|