certifiable(redirected from certifiablely)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. Capable of being certified: a certifiable fact; certifiable data.
2. Fit to be declared mentally incompetent.
1. capable of being certified
2. fit to be certified as insane
cer•ti•fi•a•ble(ˈsɜr təˌfaɪ ə bəl, ˌsɜr təˈfaɪ-)
1. capable of being certified.
2. legally committable to a mental institution.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||certifiable - fit to be certified as insane (and treated accordingly)|
insane - afflicted with or characteristic of mental derangement; "was declared insane"; "insane laughter"
|2.||certifiable - capable of being guaranteed or certified; "a certifiable fact"|
certified - endorsed authoritatively as having met certain requirements; "a certified public accountant"