Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to changeover: Changeover switch
A conversion to a different purpose or from one system to another, as in equipment or production techniques.
1. an alteration or complete reversal from one method, system, or product to another: a changeover to decimal currency.
2. a reversal of a situation, attitude, etc
3. (Athletics (Track & Field)) sport
a. the act of transferring to or being relieved by a team-mate in a relay race, as by handing over a baton, etc
b. Also called: change or takeover the point in a relay race at which the transfer is made
4. (Team Sports, other than specified) sport chiefly Brit the exchange of ends by two teams, esp at half time
5. to adopt (a completely different position or attitude): the driver and navigator changed over after four hours.
6. (Team Sports, other than specified) (intr) sport chiefly Brit (of two teams) to exchange ends of a playing field, etc, as after half time
a conversion from one condition, system, or apparatus to another.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||changeover - an event that results in a transformation|
glycogenesis - the conversion of glucose to glycogen when the glucose in the blood exceeds the demand
rectification - the conversion of alternating current to direct current