Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
chatter markalso chat·ter·mark (chăt′ər-märk′)
1. A riblike marking on wood or metal, caused by vibration of a cutting tool.
2. Geology One of a series of short scars made by glacial drift on a surface of bedrock.
1. (Geological Science) any of a series of grooves, pits, and scratches on the surface of a rock, usually made by the movement of a glacier
2. (Mechanical Engineering) another name for chatter8
1. a mark left on work by a chattering tool.
2. any of a series of irregular gouges made on a rock surface by the movement of rock fragments over it.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||chatter mark - marks on a glaciated rock caused by the movement of a glacier|
|2.||chatter mark - a mark made by a chattering tool on the surface of a workpiece|