References in periodicals archive ?
Among the offerings are a 3rd-4th century Buddha, a four-foot wooden choirstall angel from a 17th-century Antwerp workshop, a contemporary chanukiah--a Jewish ceremonial candlestick--and a 16th-century Flemish alabaster tablet depicting the Judgement of Solomon.
18 Regarding another choirstall that Charles occupied during the ceremonies of the Order of the Golden Fleece, see below.
19) Ambassadors, noblemen and the personal retinue of the monarch also occupied seats in the choirstalls.
33) The coats of arms of the Order's members, customarily painted above the back of the choirstalls where the meetings took place, are still extant in the choir of Barcelona Cathedral (see table 2, illus.
In addition to [TABULAR DATA FOR TABLE 2 OMITTED] the greffier (secretary) and the roi d'armes (official herald) of the Order, only 13 or 14 members other than the king participated; representatives of the absent chevaliers sat in the choirstalls to perform the ceremonies in their stead.
Grazinyte-Tyla charmingly turned the orchestra round to acknowledge applause from the enthusiasts in the choirstalls.
The authority he has brought to England's top order has been staggering, but that wasn't always the case when left home to spend five years in the St Paul's choirstalls as a young schoolboy.
He throws himself into Purcell's tumultuous word-painting with an extrovert abandon not often bred up in Anglican choirstalls.
But there was nothing of the choirstalls about these performances.
4) Numerous three-dimensional objects are on display with the paintings, notably the remarkably preserved choirstalls of the Abbey of Staffarda, near the marquisate of Saluzzo, executed by either French or Piedmontese craftsman during the first quarter of the 16th century, most probably for Giovanni Ludovico di Saluzzo (1496-1563).
It is a pity that the late-15th-century wooden lectern from northern Italy, the choirstalls from the Certosa of Pavia as well as the handsome Venetian wellhead attributed to Bartolomeo Buon have not been reinstated here but placed in the smaller Gallery 129 nearby.
Dictionary browser ?
- Choeronycteris mexicana
- choice morsel
- choice of words
- choir loft
- Choir organ
- choir school
- Choir screen
- Choir service
- choke back
- choke chain
- choke coil
- choke collar
- Choke damp
- choke down
- choke hold
- choke off
- Choke pear
- Choke pondweed
- choke up
- chokecherry tree
Full browser ?
- Choirs of the Eye
- Choiseul, César, comte Du Plessis-Praslin, duc de
- Choiseul, Etienne Francois de
- Choiseul, Etienne François de
- Choiseul, Étienne François de
- Choiseul, Étienne François, duc de
- Choisir d'Instruire Son Enfant
- Choisnard, Paul
- Choithram Hospital and Research Centre
- Choix du Mode de Garde
- Choix fever
- Chokan Chingisovich Valikhanov
- Chokan Valikhanov
- Choke (mechanics)
- Choke (psychology)