chronogram(redirected from chronogrammatically)
The capitals MDCIII correspond to 1603, the year of Queen Elizabeth I's death.
1. The record produced by a chronograph.
2. An inscribed phrase in which certain letters can be read as Roman numerals indicating a specific date.
chron′o·gram·mat′ic (-grə-măt′ĭk) adj.
1. a phrase or inscription in which letters such as M, C, X, L, and V can be read as Roman numerals giving a date
2. (Horology) a record kept by a chronograph
chronogrammatic, ˌchronogramˈmatical adj
1. an inscription in which letters express a date or epoch on being added together by their values as Roman numerals.
2. a record made by a chronograph.