chump(redirected from chumped)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. A gullible person; a dupe.
2. A stupid or foolish person; a dolt.
tr. & intr.v. chumped, chump·ing, chumps
To chew or make a chewing movement.
[Variant of champ.]
1. informal a stupid person
2. a thick heavy block of wood
a. the thick blunt end of anything, esp of a piece of meat
b. (as modifier): a chump chop.
4. slang Brit the head (esp in the phrase off one's chump)
[C18: perhaps a blend of chunk and lump1]
a less common word for chomp
1. Informal. a foolish or gullible person.
2. a short, thick piece of wood.
3. Brit. the head.Idioms:
off one's chump, Brit. crazy.
Past participle: chumped
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||chump - a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of|