effusion(redirected from chyliform effusion)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
a. The act or an instance of effusing.
b. Liquid or other matter poured forth.
2. An unrestrained outpouring of feeling, as in speech or writing: "the devout effusions of sacred eloquence" (Edmund Burke).
a. The seeping of serous, purulent, or bloody fluid into a body cavity or tissue.
b. The effused fluid.
1. an unrestrained outpouring in speech or words
2. the act or process of being poured out
3. something that is poured out
4. (General Physics) the flow of a gas through a small aperture under pressure, esp when the density is such that the mean distance between molecules is large compared to the diameter of the aperture
5. (Medicine) med
a. the escape of blood or other fluid into a body cavity or tissue
b. the fluid that has escaped
1. the act of effusing or pouring forth.
2. something that is effused.
3. an unrestrained expression, as of feelings.
a. the escape of a fluid, as blood, from its natural vessels into a body cavity.
b. the fluid that escapes.
5. the flow of a gas with a mean distance between molecules that is large compared to the diameter of the orifice through which it flows.
[1350–1400; < Latin]
The process by which a gas under pressure moves through a small aperture into an region of lower pressure.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||effusion - an unrestrained expression of emotion|
expression, reflexion, reflection, manifestation - expression without words; "tears are an expression of grief"; "the pulse is a reflection of the heart's condition"
acting out - a (usually irritating) impulsive and uncontrollable outburst by a problem child or a neurotic adult
cry - a fit of weeping; "had a good cry"
explosion - a sudden outburst; "an explosion of laughter"; "an explosion of rage"
flare - a sudden outburst of emotion; "she felt a flare of delight"; "she could not control her flare of rage"
|2.||effusion - flow under pressure|
effusion[ɪˈfjuːʒən] N → efusión f
n (lit, fig) → Erguss m
effusion[ɪˈfjuːʒ/ən] n → effusione f
n. efusión, derrame, escape de líquido a una cavidad o tejido;
pericardial ___ → ___ pericardial;
pleural ___ → ___ pleural.