cleavable(redirected from cleavablely)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
Related to cleavablely: came into
v. cleft (klĕft) or cleaved or clove (klōv), cleft or cleaved or clo·ven (klō′vən), cleav·ing, cleaves
1. To split with a sharp instrument. See Synonyms at tear1.
2. To make or accomplish by or as if by cutting: cleave a path through the ice.
3. To pierce or penetrate: The wings cleaved the foggy air.
4. Chemistry To split (a complex molecule) into simpler molecules.
1. To split or be capable or splitting, especially along a natural line of division: Certain brittle woods cleave easily.
2. To penetrate or pass through something, such as water or air.
intr.v. cleaved, cleav·ing, cleaves
1. To adhere, cling, or stick fast.
2. To be faithful: cleave to one's principles.
[Middle English cleven, from Old English cleofian.]
cleav•a•ble(ˈkli və bəl)
capable of being split.