Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that cuts, shears, or clips.
2. often clippers An instrument or tool for cutting, clipping, or shearing: nail clippers.
3. Nautical A fast, square-rigged ship developed in the mid-19th century, having a sharp bow, tall masts, and a large sail area.
4. One that moves very fast.
5. Electronics See limiter.
1. (Tools) a hand tool with two cutting blades for clipping fingernails, hedges, etc
2. (Hairdressing & Grooming) a hairdresser's tool, operated either by hand or electrically, with one fixed and one reciprocating set of teeth for cutting short hair