Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. A frame on which clothes are hung to dry or air.
2. A person excessively concerned with dress.
1. a frame on which to hang laundry for drying or airing
2. informal a dandy
1. a person whose chief interest and pleasure is dressing fashionably.
2. a frame on which to hang wet laundry for drying.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||clotheshorse - a framework on which to hang clothes (as for drying)|
framework - a structure supporting or containing something
|2.||clotheshorse - a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance|
macaroni - a British dandy in the 18th century who affected Continental mannerisms; "Yankee Doodle stuck a feather in his cap and called it macaroni"