Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
adj. cloud·i·er, cloud·i·est
1. Full of or covered with clouds; overcast.
2. Of or like a cloud or clouds.
3. Marked with indistinct masses or streaks: cloudy marble.
4. Not transparent, as certain liquids.
a. Open to more than one interpretation.
b. Not clearly perceived or perceptible.
6. Troubled; gloomy: His future at the company is cloudy.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||cloudiness - the state of the sky when it is covered by clouds|
|2.||cloudiness - gloomy semidarkness caused by cloud cover|
semidarkness - partial darkness
|3.||cloudiness - the quality of being cloudy|
opaqueness, opacity - the quality of being opaque to a degree; the degree to which something reduces the passage of light
turbidity, turbidness - muddiness created by stirring up sediment or having foreign particles suspended
n. nebulosidad, enturbamiento.