Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Related to clunk: Clunk Test
1. A dull sound; a thump.
2. A blow that produces a dull sound.
3. Informal A stupid, dull person.
v. clunked, clunk·ing, clunks
1. To make or move with a clunk.
2. To strike something so as to make a dull sound.
To strike so as to make a dull sound: "Icy weather affected the clock's mechanism and for several hours Big Ben clunked instead of bonged the time changes" (Christian Science Monitor).
1. a blow or the sound of a blow
2. a dull metallic sound
3. a dull or stupid person
a. the gurgling sound of a liquid
b. the sound of a cork being removed from a bottle
to make or cause to make such a sound
[C19: of imitative origin]
1. to hit hard, esp. on the head.
3. a hard hit, esp. on the head.
4. Informal. a stupid person.
6. Informal. clunker (def. 2).
Past participle: clunked
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||clunk - a heavy dull sound (as made by impact of heavy objects)|
sound - the sudden occurrence of an audible event; "the sound awakened them"
|Verb||1.||clunk - make or move along with a sound as of a horse's hooves striking the ground|