coarse-grained(redirected from coarse-grainedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to coarse-grainedly: fine grain
1. Having a rough, coarse texture.
2. Not refined; indelicate and crude.
1. having a large or coarse grain
2. (of a person) having a coarse nature; gross
1. of coarse texture or grain.
2. crude; rough.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||coarse-grained - composed of or covered with particles resembling meal in texture or consistency; "granular sugar"; "the photographs were grainy and indistinct"; "it left a mealy residue"|
|2.||coarse-grained - not having a fine texture; "coarse-grained wood"; "large-grained sand"|