Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to common denominator: lowest common denominator
1. Mathematics A quantity into which all the denominators of a set of fractions may be divided without a remainder.
2. A commonly shared theme or trait.
1. (Mathematics) an integer exactly divisible by each denominator of a group of fractions: , , and have a common denominator of 12
2. a belief, attribute, etc, held in common by members of a class or group
1. a number that is a multiple of all the denominators of a set of fractions.
2. a trait, characteristic, belief, or the like common to or shared by all members of a group.
A quantity into which all the denominators of a set of fractions may be divided without a remainder. For example, the fractions 1/3 and 2/5 have a common denominator of 15.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||common denominator - an integer that is a common multiple of the denominators of two or more fractions|
denominator - the divisor of a fraction
|2.||common denominator - an attribute that is common to all members of a category|
attribute - an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of an entity