communize(redirected from communised)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to communised: communizes
tr.v. com·mu·nized, com·mu·niz·ing, com·mu·niz·es
1. To subject to public ownership or control.
2. To convert to Communist principles or control.
com′mu·ni·za′tion (-nĭ-zā′shən) n.
vb (tr; sometimes capital)
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) to make (property) public; nationalize
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) to make (a person or country) communist
ˌcommuniˈzation, ˌcommuniˈsation n
v.t. -nized, -niz•ing.
1. (often cap.) to impose Communist principles or systems of government on (a country or people).
2. to make communistic.
3. to make (land, a house, etc.) the property of the community.
[1885–90; back formation from communization < Latin commūn(is) common]
Past participle: communized
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||communize - make Communist or bring in accord with Communist principles; "communize the government"|
|2.||communize - make into property owned by the state; "The new government communized all banks"|