Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to compressed: Compressed File
1. Pressed together or into less volume or space.
2. Biology Flattened, especially laterally or lengthwise, as certain leafstalks or the bodies of many fishes.
1. squeezed together or condensed
2. (Biology) (of the form of flatfishes, certain plant parts, etc) flattened laterally along the whole length
1. pressed into less space; condensed: compressed gases.
2. pressed together: compressed lips.
3. flattened by or as if by pressure: compressed wallboard.
4. Zool., Bot. flattened laterally.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||compressed - pressed tightly together; "with lips compressed"|
|2.||compressed - reduced in volume by pressure; "compressed air"|
compressible - capable of being compressed or made more compact; "compressible packing materials"; "a compressible box"
|3.||compressed - flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)|
thin - of relatively small extent from one surface to the opposite or in cross section; "thin wire"; "a thin chiffon blouse"; "a thin book"; "a thin layer of paint"