condenser(redirected from condensing lens)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to condensing lens: Hruby lens
1. One that condenses, especially an apparatus used to condense vapor.
2. See capacitor.
3. A mirror, lens, or combination of lenses used to gather light and direct it upon an object or through a projection lens.
a. an apparatus for reducing gases to their liquid or solid form by the abstraction of heat
b. a device for abstracting heat, as in a refrigeration unit
2. (General Physics) a lens that concentrates light into a small area
3. (Electronics) another term for capacitor
4. a person or device that condenses
1. a person or thing that condenses.
2. an apparatus for condensing, esp. for reducing gases or vapors to liquid or solid form.
3. a lens or combination of lenses that gathers and concentrates light in a specified direction, often used to direct light onto the projection lens in a projector.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||condenser - an electrical device characterized by its capacity to store an electric charge|
bypass capacitor, bypass condenser - a capacitor that provides low impedance over certain (high) frequencies
circuit, electric circuit, electrical circuit - an electrical device that provides a path for electrical current to flow
electrical distributor, distributer, distributor - electrical device that distributes voltage to the spark plugs of a gasoline engine in the order of the firing sequence
electrical device - a device that produces or is powered by electricity
electrolytic, electrolytic capacitor, electrolytic condenser - a fixed capacitor consisting of two electrodes separated by an electrolyte
|2.||condenser - an apparatus that converts vapor into liquid|
Liebig condenser - a condenser: during distillation the vapor passes through a tube that is cooled by water
reflux condenser - condenser such that vapor over a boiling liquid is condensed and flows back into the vessel to prevent its contents from boiling dry
still - an apparatus used for the distillation of liquids; consists of a vessel in which a substance is vaporized by heat and a condenser where the vapor is condensed
|3.||condenser - a hollow coil that condenses by abstracting heat|
coil - tubing that is wound in a spiral
|4.||condenser - lens used to concentrate light on an object|
Abbe condenser - a condenser having 2 or 3 lenses with wide aperture for use in microscopes