Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. The act of connecting.
b. The state of being connected.
2. One that connects; a link: made a connection between the two pipes.
3. An association or relationship: an obvious connection between the two crimes.
4. The logical or intelligible ordering of words or ideas; coherence.
5. Reference or relation to something else; context: In this connection, the agreement can be seen as a step toward peace.
6. A person, especially one of influence or importance, with whom one is associated, as by kinship or common interests: used her connections to land a job.
7. A conveyance or scheduled run providing continuing service between means of transportation: missed my connection in Miami.
8. A physical link, such as by wire or fiber-optic cable, between two or more points in a telecommunications system: established a connection to the internet.
9. A means or channel of communication: couldn't hear due to the bad phone connection.
a. A drug dealer.
b. A purchase of illegal drugs.
in connection with
In relation to; with respect to; concerning: The mayor's office made no comments in connection with the tax proposal.