Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Consuming or tending to consume.
2. Of, relating to, or afflicted with consumption.
A person afflicted with consumption.
1. causing consumption; wasteful; destructive
2. (Pathology) pathol relating to or affected with consumption, esp tuberculosis of the lungs
(Pathology) pathol a person who suffers from consumption
conˈsumptiveness, consumptivity n
1. tending to consume; destructive; wasteful.
2. pertaining to or of the nature of consumption.
3. disposed to or affected with consumption.n.
4. Older Use. a person suffering from tuberculosis.
[1375–1425; Middle English < Medieval Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||consumptive - a person with pulmonary tuberculosis|
|Adj.||1.||consumptive - tending to consume or use often wastefully; "water suitable for beneficial consumptive uses"; "duties consumptive of time and energy"; "consumptive fires"|
|2.||consumptive - afflicted with or associated with pulmonary tuberculosis; "a consumptive patient"; "a consumptive cough"|
A. ADJ → tísico
B. N → tísico/a m/f