Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Convex on one side and concave on the other.
2. Having greater curvature on the convex side than on the concave side. Used of a lens.
1. having one side convex and the other side concave
2. (General Physics) (of a lens) having a convex face with greater curvature than the concave face. Compare concavo-convex2
con•vex•o-con•cave(kənˈvɛk soʊ kɒnˈkeɪv)
2. of or designating a lens in which the convex face has a greater degree of curvature than the concave face.