cooked(redirected from cookedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
v. cooked, cook·ing, cooks
1. To prepare (food) for eating by applying heat.
2. To prepare or treat by heating: slowly cooked the medicinal mixture.
3. Slang To alter or falsify so as to make a more favorable impression; doctor: disreputable accountants who were paid to cook the firm's books.
1. To prepare food for eating by applying heat.
2. To undergo application of heat especially for the purpose of later ingestion.
3. Slang To happen, develop, or take place: What's cooking in town?
4. Slang To proceed or perform very well: The band really got cooking after midnight.
A person who prepares food for eating.
cook up InformalIdiom:
To fabricate; concoct: cook up an excuse.
cook (one's) goose Slang
To ruin one's chances: The speeding ticket cooked his goose with his father. Her goose was cooked when she was caught cheating on the test.