crackled(redirected from crackledly)
v. crack·led, crack·ling, crack·les
1. To make a succession of slight sharp snapping noises: a fire crackling in the wood stove.
2. To show liveliness, energy, or intensity: a book that crackles with humor.
3. To become covered with a network of fine cracks; craze.
1. To crush (paper, for example) with sharp snapping sounds.
2. To cause (china, for example) to become covered with a network of fine cracks.
1. The act or sound of crackling.
a. A network of fine cracks on the surface of glazed pottery, china, or glassware.
[ Frequentative of crack.]