Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to crawler: Web crawler
1. slang a servile flatterer
2. a person or animal that crawls
3. (Animals) US an informal name for earthworm
4. (Telecommunications) a computer program that is capable of performing recursive searches on the internet
5. (Clothing & Fashion) (plural) a baby's overalls; rompers
1. one that crawls.
2. Also called crawl′er trac`tor. a large, heavy vehicle that travels on endless belts or tracks, used esp. in construction.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||crawler - a person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage|
apple polisher, bootlicker, fawner, groveler, groveller, truckler - someone who humbles himself as a sign of respect; who behaves as if he had no self-respect
goody-goody - a person who behaves extremely well in order to please a superior
|2.||crawler - a person who crawls or creeps along the ground|
|3.||crawler - terrestrial worm that burrows into and helps aerate soil; often surfaces when the ground is cool or wet; used as bait by anglers|
angleworm, dew worm, earthworm, fishing worm, fishworm, nightcrawler, nightwalker, red worm, wiggler