Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A road that intersects another road.
2. crossroads(used with a sing. or pl. verb)
a. A place where two or more roads meet.
b. A small, usually rural community situated at an intersection of two or more roads: asked for directions at a remote crossroads.
c. A place that is centrally located: "Even after the effective end of the French empire in Africa by 1960, Paris remained a crossroads for African students and diplomats" (Tyler Stovall).
d. A crucial point: "At midlife, couples are at a crossroads of change, just as individuals are" (Judith Wallerstein).
1. (Human Geography) a road that crosses another road
2. (Human Geography) Also called: crossway a road that crosses from one main road to another
1. a road that crosses another road, or one that runs transversely to main roads.
2. Often, crossroads. (used with a sing. or pl. v.)
a. a place where roads intersect.
b. a point at which a vital decision must be made.
c. a main center of activity or assembly.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||crossroad - a junction where one street or road crosses another|
street corner, turning point, corner - the intersection of two streets; "standing on the corner watching all the girls go by"
junction - the place where two or more things come together
grade crossing, level crossing - intersection of a railway and a road on the same level; barriers close road when trains pass