crotch(redirected from crotches)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. The angle or region of the angle formed by the junction of two parts or members, such as two legs or branches.
a. The area on a pair of pants, underpants, or shorts that is between the legs.
b. The piece of material used to construct this area of an item of clothing.
3. The fork of a pole or other support.
[Possibly alteration of crutch and partly from Middle English croche, crook, crosier (from Old French croche, hook, shepherd's crook, feminine of croc, hook; see crochet).]
crotched (krŏcht) adj.
a. the angle formed by the inner sides of the legs where they join the human trunk
b. the human external genitals or the genital area
c. the corresponding part of a pair of trousers, pants, etc
2. a forked region formed by the junction of two members
3. a forked pole or stick
[C16: probably variant of crutch]
1. a place where something divides, as the human body between the legs.
2. the part of trousers, panties, etc., where the two legs or panels join.
3. a piece of material serving as a juncture between the legs or panels of trousers, underpants, etc.
4. the area of a tree at which a main branch joins the trunk.
5. a forked object, as a staff with a forked top.
[1530–40; variant of crutch]
crotched (krotcht), adj.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||crotch - the region of the angle formed by the junction of two branches; "they took the south fork"; "he climbed into the crotch of a tree"|
|2.||crotch - the angle formed by the inner sides of the legs where they join the human trunk|
body, organic structure, physical structure - the entire structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being); "he felt as if his whole body were on fire"
angle - the space between two lines or planes that intersect; the inclination of one line to another; measured in degrees or radians
|3.||crotch - external sex organ |
pudendum - human external genital organs collectively especially of a female
female genital organ, female genitalia, female genitals, fanny - external female sex organs; "in England `fanny' is vulgar slang for female genitals"
مُلتَقى الرِّجْلَيْن والجِسم
crotch(krotʃ) crutch (kratʃ) nouns
in humans, the place where the legs meet together and join the body. kruis مُلتَقى الرِّجْلَيْن والجِسم чатал virilha rozkrok die Abzweigung skridt καβάλος horcajadura, entrepierna jalgevahe کشاله haaraväli entre-jambes מִפסָעָה जांघ एवं धड़ के जोड़ का क्षेत्र prepona selangkangan klof inforcatura; cavallo 股 가랑이 tarpkojis, šakumas kājstarpe kelangkang kruisskrittkrocze دوښاخه entreperna (la pantaloni) partea dintre picioare пах rozkrok korak prepone skrev, gren หว่างขา kasık 胯部 промежина دوشاخہ đũng quần （人体的）胯部，人体两腿分叉处
n. bifurcación, horquilla.