Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to crud: vagrant
a. A coating or an incrustation of filth or refuse.
b. Something loathsome, despicable, or worthless.
c. One who is contemptible or disgusting.
2. A disease or ailment, imaginary or real, especially one affecting the skin.
3. Sports Heavy, sticky snow that is unsuitable for skiing.
[Middle English crudde, possibly from Old English *cruden, past participle of crūdan, to press, drive.]
1. a sticky substance, esp when dirty and encrusted
2. (General Engineering) an undesirable residue from a process, esp one inside a nuclear reactor
3. something or someone that is worthless, disgusting, or contemptible
4. the crud a disease; rot
an expression of disgust, disappointment, etc
[C14: earlier form of curd]
n., v. crud•ded, crud•ding. n.
a. a deposit of filth, incrusted matter, or other objectionable substance.
b. a despicable or disagreeable person.
c. something worthless or objectionable.
d. lies, exaggeration, or flattery.
e. a vaguely defined disease or disorder, as a rash.
2. Dial. curd.v.t., v.i.
3. Dial. to curd.
[1325–75; earlier form of curd]
crud′dy, adj. -di•er, -di•est.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||crud - heavy wet snow that is unsuitable for skiing|
snow - a layer of snowflakes (white crystals of frozen water) covering the ground
|2.||crud - any substance considered disgustingly foul or unpleasant|
|3.||crud - an ill-defined bodily ailment; "he said he had the crud and needed a doctor"|
disease - an impairment of health or a condition of abnormal functioning