Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
adj. crud·er, crud·est
1. Being in an unrefined or natural state: crude cotton.
2. Lacking tact or taste; blunt or offensive: a crude, mannerless oaf; a crude remark.
3. Lacking in sophistication or subtlety; simplistic: had only a crude notion of how a computer works.
4. Not carefully or skillfully made; rough: a quick, crude sketch.
5. Undisguised or unadorned; plain: must face the crude truth.
6. Statistics In an unanalyzed form; not adjusted to allow for related circumstances or data.
7. Archaic Unripe or immature.
A substance, especially petroleum, in its unrefined state.
cru′di·ty (kro͞o′dĭ-tē), crude′ness n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adv.||1.||crudely - in a crude or unrefined manner; "he was crudely bold"|
|2.||crudely - in a crude and unskilled manner; "an inexpertly constructed lean-to"|