Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to curser: Coursera
a. An appeal or prayer for evil or misfortune to befall someone or something.
b. Evil or misfortune that comes as if in response to such an appeal: bewailed the curse of ill health.
2. A source or cause of evil; a scourge: "Selfishness is the greatest curse of the human race" (William Ewart Gladstone).
3. A profane word or phrase; a swearword.
4. Ecclesiastical A censure, ban, or anathema.
5. Often Offensive Menstruation. Used with the.
v. cursed or curst (kûrst), curs·ing, curs·es
1. To invoke evil or misfortune upon; damn.
2. To swear at: cursed the car because it wouldn't start.
3. To bring evil upon; afflict: was cursed with crippling arthritis.
4. Ecclesiastical To put under a ban or anathema; excommunicate.
To utter curses; swear.
[Middle English, from Old English curs.]