curtal(redirected from curtals)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. An animal with a docked tail.
2. See dulcian.
3. Something cut short or docked.
Cut short or docked.
1. cut short
2. (Ecclesiastical Terms) (of friars) wearing a short frock
3. an animal whose tail has been docked
4. something that is cut short
[C16: from Old French courtault animal whose tail has been docked, from court short, from Latin curtus; see curt]
1. Archaic. wearing a short frock: a curtal friar.
2. Obs. brief; curtailed.n.
3. Obs. an animal with a docked tail.