Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to cyanamide: Cyanamide process
cy·an·am·idealso cy·an·am·id (sī-ăn′ə-mĭd)
1. A deliquescent caustic crystalline compound, CH2N2, prepared by treating calcium cyanamide with sulfuric acid.
2. Calcium cyanamide.
cyanamide(saɪˈænəˌmaɪd; -mɪd) or
1. (Biochemistry) Also called: cyanogenamide a white or colourless crystalline soluble weak dibasic acid, which can be hydrolysed to urea. Formula: H2NCN
2. (Elements & Compounds) a salt or ester of cyanamide
3. (Elements & Compounds) short for calcium cyanamide
or cy•an•a•mid(saɪˈæn ə mɪd)
1. a white crystalline solid, CH2N2, produced by the action of ammonia or sulfuric acid on cyanic compounds.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||cyanamide - a weak soluble dibasic acid (the parent acid of cyanamide salts)|
acid - any of various water-soluble compounds having a sour taste and capable of turning litmus red and reacting with a base to form a salt
|2.||cyanamide - a compound used as a fertilizer and as a source of nitrogen compounds|