décolleté(redirected from decollete)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Cut low at the neckline: a décolleté dress.
2. Wearing a garment that is low-cut or strapless.
décolleté(deɪˈkɒlteɪ; French dekɔlte) or
1. (Clothing & Fashion) (of a woman's garment) low-cut
2. (Clothing & Fashion) wearing a low-cut garment
3. (Clothing & Fashion) a low-cut neckline
4. the part of a woman's chest from the neck to the bosom
[C19: from French décolleter to cut out the neck (of a dress), from collet collar]
or de•col•le•te(ˌdeɪ kɒl əˈteɪ, ˌdɛk ə lə-)
1. (of a garment) low-necked.
2. wearing a low-necked garment.
[1825–35; < French: past participle of décolleter to bare the neck]
Cut with a very low neckline to expose the upper part of the breasts.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||decollete - (of a garment) having a low-cut neckline; "a low-cut neckline"|
necked - having a neck or having a neck especially as specified (often used in combination)