dehorn(redirected from dehorning)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
tr.v. de·horned, de·horn·ing, de·horns
1. To remove the horns from.
2. To prevent growth of the horns of (cattle, for example), as by cauterization.
1. (Veterinary Science) to remove or prevent the growth of the horns of (cattle, sheep, or goats)
2. (Forestry) to cut back (the larger limbs of a tree) drastically
1. to remove the horns of (cattle).
2. to prevent the growth of horns in (cattle).
Past participle: dehorned
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||dehorn - prevent the growth of horns of certain animals|
|2.||dehorn - take the horns off (an animal)|
take off - take away or remove; "Take that weight off me!"
disbud - destroy undeveloped horn buds (of cattle)