References in periodicals archive ?
If demasculinization and feminization is occurring in wild populations of R.
Endocrine disruption has been observed in aquatic organisms, such as frogs, causing demasculinization at concentrations below the maximum contaminant level (MCL), and as low as 0.
In Campbell's view, this strategy of avoiding characters that could recall the recipients of Nazis by sticking to fictional demasculinization also took place in "gay and lesbian Krimis" (Campbell et al.
Complete Demasculinization of the male rat spinal nucleus of the bulbocavernosus using the anti-androgen flutamide.
In experimental animals, it was shown that prenatal exposure to 2,3,7,8- tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin also determines demasculinization and feminization of sex behavior in male rats [40,41], which was not associated with alterations in estrogen receptor binding or sexually differentiated brain nuclei volumes .
In a Canadian context, some have argued that masculinity is in crisis because there has been a demasculinization or unmanning of Canadian men (Greig and Holloway 2012).
Pesticides: multiple mechanisms of demasculinization.
Partial demasculinization of several brain regions in adult male (XY) rats with a dysfunctional androgen receptor gene.
41) He notes that the ideology underwriting the power relationship between nations in the romance plot is fundamentally homosocial; the struggle over the control of the woman is at the center of the tension between the "explicit supermasculinity of the colonizing man" and the "implicit demasculinization of the colonized man.
50) The exposed clitoris, on the other hand, is believed to represent the male sexual organ, and its removal symbolizes the demasculinization and, once removed, feminization of the girl, marking an irreversible transformation to a woman.
These were (a) alien in one's own land, (b) second-class citizen, (c) invalidation of interethnic differences, (d) exoticization and sexualization of women and demasculinization of men, (e) pathologizing of cultural values and behaviors, and (f) invisibility and lack of knowledge of Filipino Americans.
For example, atrazine at environmentally relevant doses has been reported to induce endocrine disruption and demasculinization in frogs (Hayes et al.
Dictionary browser ?
- demand loan
- demand management
- demand note
- demand oxygen delivery device
- demand-pull inflation
- demarcation line
- demeclocycline hydrochloride
Full browser ?
- Demarest Lloyd State Park
- Demarest Nature Center Association
- Demarest Public Library Association
- Démarginalisation des Pauvres par le Droit
- Demarquay sign
- Demarquay symptom
- Demarquay, Jean N
- Demarquay, Jean N.
- DeMars, Vernon
- Demascus steel
- Demascus steel
- Demat Request Form
- Dematerialisation of Shares/Dematerialised Share