|Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary|
6,515,369,628 visitors served.
|Also found in: Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia||0.01 sec.|
1. open condemnation; censure; denouncing
2. (Law) law a charge or accusation of crime made by an individual before a public prosecutor or tribunal
3. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a formal announcement of the termination of a treaty
4. an announcement in the form of an impending threat or warning
de•nun•ci•a•tion (dɪˌnʌn siˈeɪ ʃən, -ʃi-)
1. an act or instance of denouncing.
2. an accusation of crime before a public prosecutor or tribunal.
3. notice of the termination or the renouncement of an international agreement or part thereof.
[1540–50; < Latin]
Thesaurus Legend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
1. condemnation, criticism, accusation, censure, stick (slang), invective, character assassination, stigmatization, castigation, obloquy, denouncement, fulmination a stinging denunciation of his critics
denunciation [dɪˌnʌnsɪˈeɪʃən] N (gen) → denuncia f
Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or visit the webmaster's page for free fun content.
|Mentioned in||?||References in classic literature||?||Dictionary browser||?||Full browser||?|
Under the storm of denunciation Brissenden complacently sipped his toddy and affirmed that everything the other said was quite true, with the exception of the magazine editors.
"No, no," continued Danglars; "if we resolve on such a step, it would be much better to take, as I now do, this pen, dip it into this ink, and write with the left hand (that the writing may not be recognized) the denunciation we propose.
Less figuratively speaking, he came up into the printing-office to expose from the book the nefarious plagiarism of an editor in a neighboring city, who had adapted with the change of names and a word or two here and there, whole passages from the essay on Barere, to the denunciation of a brother editor.
Denuder Atmospheric Research Experiment
Denuncia Inizio Attività
DeNunzio, Ralph Dwight
Denver & Rio Grande Railroad
Denver & Rio Grande Western
Denver & Salt Lake
Denver Academy Film Festival for Youth
|Dictionary, Thesaurus, and Translations|
Free toolbar & extensions |
Word of the Day |
For webmasters: Free content | Linking | Lookup box | Double-click lookup