Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to diagnostic: diagnostic laparoscopy
1. Of, relating to, or used in a diagnosis.
2. Serving to identify a particular disease; characteristic.
1. often diagnostics(used with a sing. verb) The art or practice of medical diagnosis.
2. A symptom or a distinguishing feature serving as supporting evidence in a diagnosis.
3. An instrument or technique used in medical diagnosis.
[Greek diagnōstikos, able to distinguish, from diagnōstos, distinguished, from diagignōskein, to distinguish; see diagnosis.]
1. (Medicine) of, relating to, or of value in diagnosis
2. (Biology) of, relating to, or of value in diagnosis
3. (Medicine) med any symptom that provides evidence for making a specific diagnosis
4. (Medicine) a diagnosis
5. (Biology) a diagnosis
di•ag•nos•tic(ˌdaɪ əgˈnɒs tɪk)
1. of, pertaining to, or used in diagnosis.
2. serving to identify or characterize; being a precise indication.n.
4. a symptom or characteristic of value in diagnosis.
5. a device or substance used for the analysis or detection of diseases or other medical conditions.
[1615–25; < Greek diagnōstikós derivative of diagignṓskein (see diagnosis)]
Used to describe a procedure or method that is undertaken to identify a disease or some other cause of symptoms.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||diagnostic - concerned with diagnosis; used for furthering diagnosis; "a diagnostic reading test"|
|2.||diagnostic - characteristic or indicative of a disease; "a diagnostic sign of yellow fever"; "a rash symptomatic of scarlet fever"; "symptomatic of insanity"; "a rise in crime symptomatic of social breakdown"|
characteristic - typical or distinctive; "heard my friend's characteristic laugh"; "red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn"; "stripes characteristic of the zebra"
diagnostic[ˌdaɪəgˈnɒstɪk] ADJ → diagnóstico
diagnostic[ˌdaɪəgˈnɒstɪk] adj [equipment, method, system] → diagnostique
adj → diagnostisch; diagnostic test bay → Diagnosestand m
___ chart → ficha de ___;
___ imaging → ___ de imágenes por medios radioactivos.