Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of, relating to, or used in a diagnosis.
2. Serving to identify a particular disease; characteristic.
1. often diagnostics(used with a sing. verb) The art or practice of medical diagnosis.
2. A symptom or a distinguishing feature serving as supporting evidence in a diagnosis.
3. An instrument or technique used in medical diagnosis.
[Greek diagnōstikos, able to distinguish, from diagnōstos, distinguished, from diagignōskein, to distinguish; see diagnosis.]
(Medicine) (functioning as singular) the art or practice of diagnosis, esp of diseases
di•ag•nos•tics(ˈdaɪ əgˈnɒs tɪks)
n. (used with a sing. v.)
the discipline or practice of diagnosis.
the branch of medical science that deals with diagnosis.See also: Medical Specialties