Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to dimerous: Obdiplostemonous
1. Consisting of two parts or segments, as the tarsus in certain insects.
2. Botany Having flower parts, such as petals, sepals, and stamens, in sets of two.
1. (Zoology) consisting of or divided into two segments, as the tarsi of some insects
2. (Botany) (of flowers) having their floral parts arranged in whorls of two
[C19: from New Latin dimerus, from Greek dimerēs, from di-1 + meros part]
dim•er•ous(ˈdɪm ər əs)
1. consisting of or divided into two parts.
2. (of flowers) having two members in each whorl.