discoid(redirected from discoid meniscus)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
dis·coid(dĭs′koid′) also dis·coi·dal (dĭ-skoid′l)
1. Having a flat, circular form; disk-shaped.
2. Related to or having a disk.
3. Having disk flowers only. Used of a composite flower head.
1. like a disc
2. (Botany) (of a composite flower such as the tansy) consisting of disc florets only
a disclike object
1. having the form of a disk; flat and circular.
2. (of a composite flower) having a disk without rays.
[1785–95; < Late Latin discoīdēs < Greek diskoeidḗs quoit-shaped]