Discommends - definition of discommends by The Free Dictionary
discommend (redirected from discommends)
Also found in: Legal
1. To show or voice disapproval of.
2. To cause to come into disfavor or ill regard.
1. rare to express disapproval of
2. obsolete to bring into disfavour
dis•com•mend (ˌdɪs kəˈmɛnd)
1. to express disapproval of.
2. to bring into disfavor.
Past participle: discommended
References in classic literature
Homer also discommends
the government of many; but whether he means this we are speaking of, or where each person exercises his power separately, is uncertain.
One of the letters, for instance, discommends
an unsavory female as "my ungentle gentle" (SP F2), which seems to echo Pettie's phrase, "ungentle Gentlemen," used in his "Preface to the Readers" (1:8).