Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. A metal identification disk attached to a dog's collar.
2. A metal identification tag worn on a chain around the neck by members of the armed forces.
(Military) slang US a military personal-identification disc
1. a small disk attached to a dog's collar stating owner, address, etc.
2. a metal identification tag worn or carried by armed forces personnel.
3. Informal. any identification tag.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||dog tag - military identification tag worn on a chain around the neck|
|2.||dog tag - metal plate on a dog collar bearing its registration number|