dog-ear(redirected from dog-earing)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
A turned-down corner of a page in a book.
tr.v. dog-eared, dog-ear·ing, dog-ears
1. To turn down the corner of (the page of a book).
2. To make worn or shabby from overuse.
1. (tr) to fold down the corner of (a page)
2. (Computer Science) computing to bookmark (a website)
3. a folded-down corner of a page
4. (Computer Science) computing a bookmark
1. a corner of a page folded over like a dog's ear.v.t.
2. to fold down the corner of (a page in a book).
Past participle: dog-eared
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||dog-ear - a corner of a page turned down to mark your place|
page - one side of one leaf (of a book or magazine or newspaper or letter etc.) or the written or pictorial matter it contains