doorstop(redirected from doorstoppers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A wedge inserted beneath a door to hold it open at a desired position.
2. A weight or spring that prevents a door from slamming.
3. A rubber-tipped projection attached to a wall to protect it from the impact of an opening door.
1. (Furniture) a heavy object, wedge, or other device which prevents an open door from moving
2. (Furniture) a projecting piece of rubber, etc, fixed to the floor to stop a door from striking a wall
3. informal a very thick book
1. a weighted device or wedge for holding a door open.
2. a device for preventing a door or doorknob from striking a wall.