dosed(redirected from dosedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
a. A specified quantity of a therapeutic agent, such as medicine, prescribed to be taken at one time or at stated intervals.
b. The amount of radiation administered as therapy to a given site.
2. An ingredient added, especially to wine, to impart flavor or strength.
3. An amount, especially of something unpleasant, to which one is subjected: a dose of hard luck.
4. Slang A venereal infection.
tr.v. dosed, dos·ing, dos·es
1. To give (someone) a dose, as of medicine.
2. To give or prescribe (medicine) in specified amounts.
[French, from Late Latin dosis, from Greek, something given, from didonai, to give; see dō- in Indo-European roots.]