Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Having two faces or aspects.
2. Usable on both sides: double-faced fabric.
3. Duplicitous; hypocritical.
1. (Textiles) (of textiles) having a finished nap on each side; reversible
2. insincere or deceitful
1. hypocritical; deceitful; two-faced.
2. having two faces or aspects.
3. having two usable sides: double-faced adhesive tape.
dou′ble-fac′ed•ness (-ˈfeɪ sɪd-, -ˈfeɪst-) n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||double-faced - (of fabrics) having faces on both sides; "damask is a double-faced fabric"|
|2.||double-faced - marked by deliberate deceptiveness especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another; "she was a deceitful scheming little thing"- Israel Zangwill; "a double-dealing double agent"; "a double-faced infernal traitor and schemer"- W.M.Thackeray|