download(redirected from download vs. upload)
Also found in: Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
v. down·load·ed, down·load·ing, down·loads
To transfer (data or a program) from a central computer or website to a peripheral computer or device.
To download data or a program.
1. A file that has been downloaded.
2. An instance of downloading data or a program.
1. (Computer Science) to copy or transfer (data or a program) into the memory of one computer system from a larger one
2. (Broadcasting) to broadcast specialist programmes, for such groups as doctors, outside normal broadcasting hours. They are often recorded on video tapes and viewed later. Compare upload
3. esp Canadian to delegate or assign (work, responsibilities, costs, etc) to someone at a lower level of an organization; off-load
(Computer Science) a file transferred onto a computer from another computer or the internet
1. to transfer (software or data) from a computer to a smaller computer or a peripheral device.n.
2. an act or instance of downloading.
3. downloaded software or data.
Past participle: downloaded
To take data into a computer from an outside source, such as the Internet or a floppy disk.
|Verb||1.||download - transfer a file or program from a central computer to a smaller computer or to a computer at a remote location|
transfer - move from one place to another; "transfer the data"; "transmit the news"; "transfer the patient to another hospital"
upload - transfer a file or program to a central computer from a smaller computer or a computer at a remote location
stáhnoutstaženístažený soubor, program
prenesti k sebi
tài liệu tải vềtải về