Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial.
1. A swing downward, as of a golf club.
2. A decline, as of a business.
1. (Statistics) a statistical downward trend in business activity, the death rate, etc
2. (Golf) golf the downward movement or line of a club when striking the ball
1. a downward swing, as of a golf club.
2. a downward trend, as of business.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||downswing - a swing downward of a golf club|
|2.||downswing - a worsening of business or economic activity; "the market took a downturn"|
worsening - changing something with the result that it becomes worse
downspin - a swift and dangerous downturn