dysmorphic


Also found in: Medical, Wikipedia.

dysmorphic

(dɪsˈmɔːfɪk)
adj
relating to or resulting in misshapenness of parts of the body
References in periodicals archive ?
If this cycle goes on long enough, a psychiatrist might diagnose body dysmorphic disorder.
Actress Ileana D'Cruz, who suffered from depression and body dysmorphic disorder, says at one point in her life she felt suicidal.
It is a chemical imbalance in your brain, and needs to be treated," said Bollywood star Ileana D'Cruz while talking about her struggle with depression and Body Dysmorphic Disorder.
A The symptoms point to body dysmorphic syndrome where people have a distorted view of how they look.
Nonetheless, these intrusions have also been described in other disorders, such as Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) (Osman, Cooper, Hackmann, & Veale, 2004), Hypochondriasis or Illness Anxiety (HYP) (Muse, McManus, Hackmann, Williams, & Williams, 2010), and Eating Disorders (EDs) (Blackburn, Thompson, & May, 2012; Roncero, Perpina, & Belloch, 2010).
A total of 6 patients presented with dysmorphic faces and jaw muscle weakness along with other characteristics suggesting other forms of muscular dystrophies.
Isolated proteinuria (positive finding on the test strip with a normal remaining chemical and microscopic examination of urine) was detected in 144 subject (13%) and proteinuria on the test strip was negative in the remaining 962 persons (87%) despite the pathological microscopic findings (the presence of [greater than or equal to]10 fresh erythrocytes/[micro]L and/or [greater than or equal to]1 dysmorphic erythrocyte/[micro]L and/or [greater than or equal to]10 leukocytes/[micro]L and/or [greater than or equal to]1 cylinder (except hyaline) and/or [greater than or equal to]1 NEC/[micro]L and/or [greater than or equal to]100 bacteria/[micro]L.
Described by the judges as a film which "successfully deals with the issue of body dysmorphia in a visually interesting and rewarding way", this 2D animated film explores body dysmorphic disorder through the struggle of a young woman who can't decide what to wear.
Here, a patient who was hospitalized because of dyspepsia and underwent karyotype analysis because of minor dysmorphic findings and borderline intellectual disability and whose karyotype was found to be 48,XXYY has been presented.
During a case review with senior clinicians, his diagnosis was changed to body dysmorphic disorder (BDD).
It contains all somatic symptoms of conversion symptoms, physical pain symptoms, body dysmorphic symptoms, hypochondriacal symptoms, as described in the symptoms criteria in DSM-IV-TR.
Increased nuchal translucency and a dysmorphic appearance of the upper extremities can be useful in diagnosing CdLS prenatally.