dystrophia(redirected from dystrophia epithelialis corneae)
Also found in: Medical.
dys·tro·phy(dĭs′trə-fē) also dys·tro·phi·a (dĭ-strō′fē-ə)
1. Any of various unrelated, noninfectious, often genetic disorders characterized by progressive deterioration or structural alteration of a body part.
2. A degenerative disorder caused by inadequate or defective nutrition. No longer in scientific use.
3. Ecology The condition of being dystrophic.
any of various diseases characterized by weakening or defective function of the process of nutrition, resulting in degeneration of the muscles. See also food and nutrition. — dystrophic, adj.See also: Disease and Illness
poor or inadequate nutrition or growth. See also disease and illness.See also: Food and Nutrition
1. anomalía causada por desnutrición;
2. desarrollo defectuoso o de malformación.