Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||ease off - become less intense|
|2.||ease off - reduce pressure or intensity; "he eased off the gas pedal and the car slowed down"|
2. Freedom from constraint, formality, embarrassment, or awkwardness:
4. The ability to perform without apparent effort:
1. To make less severe or more bearable:
2. To reduce in tension, pressure, or rigidity:
3. To become or cause to become less active or intense.Off or up:
4. To make less difficult:
Idioms: clear the way for, grease the wheels, open the door for.